Monday, February 29, 2016

A Peek at my Week 2-29-16







I am feeling inspired by Miss K's Little Rays and her peek at my week blog post! So I am going to try it out and hope it will help me get back into blogging consistently:) Thanks for the inspiration Molly!!!
This week is all about Dinosaurs! We started this theme last week and the kids are hooked! We are diving into research with nonfiction. I found these inflatable dinos on Amazon and the kids love them. We will label them this week with sticky notes!





The kiddos will use nonfiction books and sticky notes to write down their new learning. They will add the sticky notes to our charts.
This week our Language arts skills will be to work on middle sounds as well as review consonant blends. I really love this time of year it amazes me hoe much they can read now! Here are a few pics I captured of our literacy centers today:)
Volcanic vowel sort



Small sensory bin pull and color beginning blends

Beginning blend puzzles...he was proud of himself hehehehe

What's missing- beginning, middle and ending sounds

Rolling in playdoh CVC words.. love Printable Princess

Touchtronic letter with the ipad! Building CVC words and practining beginning sounds

Sight word match ups


Colorful Dino sentence writing

Sight word puzzles

QR code sight words









This week in math we are focusing on place value.
Kiddos partnered up to build numbers . Love these manipulatives from Lakeshore!
Here is the only math center pic I snapped to day ha! Building numbers with manipulatives and place value mats.

Some of our other math centers this week are greater than less than, subtracting, domino addition, place value count the room and tally count. Computers and tablets are also centers each week:)
Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my week! Most of the Dinosaur centers are in my Dino-mite Dinosaur unit. It is in my TPT store:) I hope you all have a FABULOUS week!!!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dino-mite-Dinosaurs-1666816


No comments:

Post a Comment